Select a service
- 3D Building Information Modelling
- Adding Stories
- Assessment, Strengthening and Bridge Inspection
- Basement Construction Method Statements (CMS) for Planning
- Basement Impact Assessments (BIA) for Planning
- Basements and Deep Excavations
- Civil Engineering and Retaining Walls
- Concrete Design
- Domestic Extensions
- Exposed Structure
- Facade Retention
- Feasibility Studies
- Feature Staircases
- Foundation Design
- Listed & Historic Building Consent
- Loft Conversions
- Modular Construction
- New Build
- Party Wall Engineering Review Services
- Reinforcement Detailing
- Removal of Load Bearing Walls & Licence to Alter
- Steel Connection Design
- Steel Design
- Structural Inspections and Reports
- Temporary Works Design
- Timber Structures
- Underground Drainage
SD Structures work closely with geotechnical consultants to design foudations is all types of ground conditions and scales of projects.
Modular construction is becoming increasingly popular. Whilst specialist manufactures often take design responsibility for the superstructure the foundations will need to be designed by a Structural Engineer.
Unknown ground conditions represents one of the highest risks to a project running over time or budget so we recommend commissioning ground investigation and desktop studies for large projects or at the least trial pits for small projects. A good ground investigation will help de-risk the project as it will enable us to design appropriate foundations with greater confidence in project budget costings and provides insight into any ground contamination issues.
Foundations may need to bridge obstructions sch as underground drainage. We can provide Thames Water bridge over details.
Piled foundations may be required when loads are high, ground conditions are poor or when building close to large trees. When close to trees we commission soil testing which can often omit the need for piling which can save thousands of pounds.